TIPS AND ADVICES
- Never remove your garment’s care and composition labels. As cleaning instructions are not always correct, your dry cleaner will know which treatment to use, according to the fibres composition.
- Do not get rid of nail varnish stains using a nail varnish remover. It will leave permanent marks on your textile. Let our team of experts repair this kind of ‘incident’.
- Do not hesitate to display, next to your washing machine, the meaning of the symbols on the care label of your clothes and other textiles, listed here [link care symbols page]
To keep your natural fibre clothing in near-original condition (wool, linen or silk), avoid washing them with water.
- Avoid placing into the tumble drier neither garments that contain elastic materials nor jumpers as they tend to bobble and shrink. It is thus highly recommended to let them air dry, away from the sun.
- Dampen your clothes before ironing them, to reduce wrinkles easily. We also recommend you to iron your clothing on the reverse side and to protect delicate textiles putting a piece of light fabric under the iron.
- Before storing your wool, cashmere and mohair clothes for long periods of time, it is highly recommended to use a moth repellent treatment, applied by our teams of experts at the heart of the fibre itself, and to use garment bags to protect them.
1st things to do to minimise a stain:
You have just stained your garment and do not know how to remove the spot. Keep in mind those tips to help save your item:
- Say no to the stain remover spray offered by the waiter to remove a stain on your tie for instance. It may cause a ring, or worst still, set the stain.
- Do not wash the garment if you do not know which treatment would be the most appropriate. If the stain does not disappear, machine wash will set the stain, making it even more difficult to remove.
- Note the composition of the stain (wine, grease, fruit, blood etc.). It will be of great help for your dry cleaning operator.
- Do not wait too long before bringing your garment to the dry cleaner because the longer you wait, the harder it will be to have the stain removed.
Duvet and feathers:
- It is highly recommended not to wash duvets on your own if your washing machine has a capacity inferior to 10 kg. If you place a duvet in a machine whose size is not appropriate, your item could be seriously damaged.
- If you opt for having them professionally cleaned by 5àSec, you will also get the opportunity to benefit from adequate treatments against odours, yellow stains, allergens, etc…
Denim / Jeans:
- To preserve the colour of your denim/ jeans garments, it is recommended to wash them on the reverse side or to take them to our stores.
- You can preserve the colour and the shape of your suit thanks to the finishing treatment that also prevents wrinkles from forming in the first place.
- To help maintain the shape of your suit, always hang your jacket on an appropriate hanger that supports the shoulders.
- The application of a finishing product is really useful for people running around all day because it limits creases.
- Avoid constant classic cleanings that will undermine the technical properties of your garment (raincoats, ski wear, gore-tex® membrane jackets, down jackets and parkas). Do not forget to renew the waterproofing on a regular basis. Let our experts treat those items determining the appropriate treatments and proportions.
Leather and suede:
- Each kind of leather has a specific treatment. However, broadly speaking, leather is a living material that does not need to be cared for on a daily basis and that can be easily cleaned and re-coloured in our stores. It is also recommended to apply waterproofing on your leather items once in a while, and to always store them in a dry place, away from heat sources.
- As far as upholstery fabrics are concerned (curtains, tablecloths, sofa covers etc.), it is recommended to brush them regularly to prevent dust build up and thereby stained fabric. Moreover, a regular removal of grease stains, undertaken by our team of experts, enables to extend the lifetime of your furniture and the neat aspect of your fabric and your living room! We also offer you treatments against dust mite and moths.
- Protect your undies from your everyday washing, slipping them into a washing net before putting them into the machine. Avoid drying them outside under the sun or using a tumble dryer to maintain their shape longer